Update: As of 2015, I now work at Inbound Found.. Most of our work is retainer now and we can only work with four clients at a time for digital marketing on annual contracts. Hourly work is few and far between but billed at $75-$100/hour. If you’d like to get in touch, you can reach out to me on twitter here, or on our new website here
Hourly Rate ($50 to $100)
- Web Development $50/hour
- Design Work $65/hour
- Local Search $75/hour
- Link Building $65/hour
- Analytics & Tracking $100/hour
- Non-Profit Clients $35/hour
*Content Assets are not developed at hourly rates
Get Unstuck Package ($850)
I go crazy with keyword research, competitor analysis, analytics, and site research. And then relay the takeaways in a three hour data-packed consult and presentation that would make Isaac Newton jealous.
Designed for small companies willing and able to execute a data-driven conceptual framework and mid-size companies seeking to train an in-house SEO, vet an existing SEO consultant, or simply looking for a fresh perspective.
Includes deliverables utilizing $6000/year worth of SEO related tools, rapid market research, segmented analytics, data scraping, and brainstormed identification of problems and opportunities.
Inspired by C. Northcote Parkinson’s Parkinson’s Law and my experience conducting dozens of SEO site audits. Almost always, I find two or three major issues and/or opportunities being ignored.
Some common issues I’ve found with this package:
- discrepancy between the way people search online and the more technical terminology that a company uses
- glaring crawlability issues where search engines simply cannot see or choose to ignore large chunks of sites
- search engine penalties where webmasters can’t find a solution because they can’t pin down the problem
- no online presence where your target market spends time online, typically specific social media sites
Some common opportunities I’ve found:
- leveraging company leaders’ networks for increased visibility, site authority, and referral traffic
- picking up rankings for dozens to hundreds of local search results (universal placements)
- regaining lost keyword rankings that once drove highly relevant, high converting traffic
- cutting paid search campaigns in half without a loss in leads or sales
- niche markets perfect for your products being essentially ignored
Get a Presence Package
Designed for established businesses. With this package, my goal is a 300% to 400% return on your investment. With search engines like Google, there is a throne: first position ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). So first position for high converting search phrases is my goal here.
First Phase (2-5k)
I do an online SWOT analysis of your site and competitors’. This is how we determine what goals are possible within what budget constraints. How competitive are the keywords we want to go after? Where does your company’s site fit in the competitive landscape? What’s your current cost per lead? What are the estimated returns from improved rankings? These are the sort of questions we are trying to answer here.
- Analytics Setup and Goal Tracking
- Onsite and Offsite SEO Audit
- Competitive Link and Site Analysis
- Keyword Research and Preliminary Mapping
Second Phase (2.5-7k)
- Content Strategy Plan with Editorial Calendar
- Developer Punch List with Site Improvement
- Conversion Rate Optimization Takeaways
- Link Building and PR Outreach Plan
- Detailed Report Justifying All Recommendations
After a second phase, you can take the plans and execute it yourself or hire me to do it. Either way you’ll have a great start to achieving your goals online and increasing your bottom line. If you decide to go it alone, I’ll still be available to work on a consulting basis and handle analytics insights and reporting.
Recurring Monthly Work
These prices are merely guidelines to help you determine what’s required to gain genuine traction online. I also offer a la carte pricing for paid search campaigns or local search marketing work.
- $750+ per month for local businesses serving a single local market
- $1,200+ per month for businesses serving multiple local markets
- $1,800+ per month for e-commerce, nation-wide companies, or websites with over 1,000 pages
Local Search Optimization and Marketing Package
$500/month first location, Add $350/month for each additional
Often times, a company serving local markets can gain a competitive advantage on the front page of search engines for a host of keyword searches related to services you provide in the areas in which you provide them. I have a track record of success in local search and the included work is predominantly related to:
- NAP consistency across established data-disseminating directories
- social media account management and community building
- automated email blasts to keep customers posted on events, news, promos, etc.,
- systems to drive customer interaction, reviews online, and repeat business
- citation and buzz building around the web